Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rise of the Dead

I know it’s been so long since I wrote in this blog. I am very sorry that it was left on hiatus for this long, but I promise from now on I will start writing more frequently.
Why all of a sudden is the interest of the blog again? A program on DWTV, The German television on the satellite that my brother is addicted to, had a show called In Focus, about the bloggers, and how much they influence people, also, that this is the way to voice your point of view to all the people around the world. So, I had an epiphany.

Not to mention that the book I am reading these days is, On Writing, for Stephen King of course, a book I recommend to everyone. In the book, King had this ritual, of writing a certain number of words per day; of course I am sure that most of the population of the earth already knows that. Since I want to be a writer so much, I decided to start with a thousand words a day. Hopefully I would keep my word. Those thousand words will differ from, fiction, nonfiction and Fan fiction; let’s not forget my obsession with a certain Backstreet Boy here.

So, after these reasons on why this blog has come to life, Let me talk a little about me. Since this is sure the first time you read about me or even read this blog to begin with.

My name is Shaimaa Zein, a hard name to spell if you don’t know Arabic. I come from the land of the Pharos, and yes I live in the past so sue meJ. I am from Egypt. 21 year old girl, a fresh graduate with English language and literature major, hence the writing obsession. No minor though, since our Egyptian Educational system is hard to comprehend, but let’s keep that story for another time.

I live with my parents, and I am proud of it. Traditions here in Egypt are totally different from the west when it comes to this. We, children either male or female, don’t leave our parents houses unless we work abroad or we get married, Of course since we are an eastern community, not many girls have the privilege of the first reason. But let’s not also talk about that now since it is a very long story as well.

With the re-opening of this blog, I have a lot of things that I need to do in the near future. Well, need is a big word, I want to do these stuff. They might be trivial to a lot of people, but I am looking for a lifestyle make over. I am working on losing weight these days. Been off track for a while now, but I will be back on track starting now. I need to work out, because I already don’t eat too much. Sitting down all day is the reason why I gain weight. So as well as working out, I would love to start Yoga, yes you read right stop laughing already. I am just not sure when will I join a class for Yoga but I will start looking for one that is near where I live.

I also want to learn the Guitar; I have a Spanish guitar that is sitting in my room collecting dust for two years now. If I learned the Guitar soon hopefully I would be able to record something one day and upload it for you to hear and tell me what you would think.

Enough babbling and let’s start something coherent for once. In the previous posts in the blog, you will find a short story that only my close friends read before, and two chapters of my famous, or infamous, Fan fiction, The Scent of Affection. You will find the rest of the chapters here http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8464&warning=4 . The story isn’t finished yet, and it will be updated soon, so wish me luck. And send feedback as well, who doesn’t like feedback.

I know I didn’t reach 1000 word yet, but I made you bored as it is. So I will end this here. I hope I would read your comment about my writings soon. Take care.

S.H. Zein.

P.S. Thanks to all my friends, Noha, Islam, Sam, and my brother Ihab. They are the ones that keep me going, they are the ones that keep encouraging me to achieve my dreams. I don’t think I would be still alive if it weren’t for them.

P.P.S. I also want to thank Jocelyn for unintentionally giving me the idea to write my thoughts. You are also one of the reasons why I re-wrote here. Thanks, and keep writing girl.

No comments: